Helpful Information

Helpful Information

Community Phone Numbers

Emergencies – 911
City Council – (810) 766-7418
City of Flint – (810) 766-7346
Consumers Energy – (800) 477-5050
Crimestoppers Flint & Genesee County – (800) 422-5245
Building Safety Inspections – (810) 766-7284
Dumping Hotline (Fight Blight) – (810) 257-6957 or
Flint Fire Department – (810) 762-7336
Flint Police Department – (810) 237-6800
Genesee County Animal Control – (810) 732-1660
Genesee County Land Bank – (810) 257-3088
Genesee County Sheriff – (810) 257-3406
Michigan State Police Post – (810) 733-9399
Priority Waste – (855) 927-8365
Street Maintenance – (810) 766-7343
Suicide Prevention – (800) 273-8255
Water Department – (810) 766-7015

Community Representatives

Sheldon Neeley

(810) 766-7346
County Commissioner
(810) 257-3020

5th Ward Council
Jerri Winfrey-Carter

(810) 766-7418
ext. 3167

(810) 397-3621

6th Ward Council
Tonya Burns

(810) 766-7418
ext. 3165

(810) 919-5885

City of Flint Blight Department
Haroletta Martin 
(810) 237-2090

City of Flint Tree Issues
Heather Griffin
(810) 766-7135 ext. 2605

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a streetlight that is out, or check on the status of a reported outage?
Please visit the Consumers Energy Streetlight Outage page.
Who do I call to report problems with my water, a running fire hydrant, or a broken water main?

Please call the City of Flint, Water Service Department at (810) 766-7015.

I have overgrown brush/trees that I can’t remove myself, what should I do?
Please contact us.
I have an outdoor light that is out and I can’t change it myself, what can I do?
Please contact us.
When can I put large items or brush out with my trash?
What can I recycle and when is curbside recycling?
I need help with snow or leaf removal, who do I contact?
Please contact Mott Park via email or phone (810) 771-5714.
When and where are the neighborhood meetings and other events?
Please check our calendar for upcoming events.
Who do I contact for a ride to the neighborhood meetings?
Please contact Mott Park via email or phone (810) 771-5714.
I have disabilities or am a senior citizen and would like to help, what can I do?
You can do a great deal! Please print this observation log or fill in the online form to be eyes, ears and mouth. Your help is greatly needed!