Neighborhood Park and Playground
In Mott Park we are fortunate to have a beautiful park in the middle of our neighborhood, featuring a playground, soccer field, tennis courts, and a street hockey rink. The park also connects to the Mott Park Recreation Area and County Park with a shared space that features an 18-hole Disc Golf Course.
Mott Park is a part of the city program called Adopt-a-Park through Keep Genesee County Beautiful. We have seen some good things come from this partnership with our neighborhood, including:
- Park benches and tennis courts have been repaired
- A brand new playscape Installed including an area for 2-5 year olds
- Overgrown trees have been thinned out
- Installation of new ADA-approved picnic tables
- Converting of tennis court #1 (closest to playground) to a Bicycle Garden
- Hockey Rink completely renovated
- Shed with sticks, pucks/balls, tennis rackets just to name a few
Here are some projects that are still in the works:
- Resurfacing and new net for combined Tennis and Pickleball Court #2
- #3 court resurfaced & used for Basketball
We typically hold a spring clean up in late April and a fall cleanup in late September. Please keep an eye on the Facebook page and the events calendar and join use for the next clean up!
The park is mowed from April through October by a city contractor and the Rec Area is moved by County employees. Please let us know if you notice any issues with the mowing and we will try to address those.
Mott Park is a great neighborhood because of the neighbors that have volunteered their time to keep our streets and parks clean. If you are interested in helping or would like to hear about volunteer opportunities please contact us at email@example.com.